My Thoughts on The International Women's Day Event

 



I really enjoyed listening to Ms. Lwin and Ms. Reddick speak about their work surrounding the empowerment of women on international levels. Each of them had provided multiple examples of how past experiences shape not only their work ethic but their outlooks on politics and world affairs. In particular, I was intrigued by Ms. Lwin's approach to combatting gender inequality in all of its forms by training both women and men in similar ways.

It is important to note that we as students are capable of enacting change prior to being "at the top of the pyramid" in a sociopolitical sense, which is why events tailored towards youth engagement and advocacy are crucial.

Ultimately, I found this event very impactful, and I look forward to learning more about influential women who strive for gender equality.

Comments

Popular Posts

Organization of Affiliation

I plan to build on my work pertaining to the UN Goal on education by continuing my collaboration with the Boy Scouts of America via my capstone project. They can be found via this link: https://www.scouting.org/.