Reflecting on the UNA Panel: Empowering Women Globally

 



I really enjoyed learning about the numerous ways women worldwide have approached and succeeded in empowering one another on local, national, and international levels. Before attending this event, I had not known of the plethora of organizations raising awareness about key topics such as gender inequality in the workforce or "period poverty," a term used to express the lack of accessible or affordable menstruation products. I really enjoyed listening to the representatives of well-known organizations such as The Lily Project in Nicaragua or iThuba Innovation Hub in Langa Township, South Africa. I believe that everyone should take the time to research organizations such as those listed above to better understand and address these issues.

Comments

Popular Posts

Organization of Affiliation

I plan to build on my work pertaining to the UN Goal on education by continuing my collaboration with the Boy Scouts of America via my capstone project. They can be found via this link: https://www.scouting.org/.